EYFS, Year 1 and 2
If your child is isolating due to testing positive for COVID, or is unable to get to school due to family members testing positive, they will be set work via Tapestry. Please contact the school if you do not know your child's log in details.
Please see below for activities that children can do at home, you can also access Tapestry to share the activities which your child is doing at home.
Maths and Literacy
Free ebooks to read together
Videos to support Phonics teaching at home
Play games like:
- Snap – take it in turns to turn over the cards one and a time if the cards math shout snap and collect all the cards the winner is the player with the most cards at the end of the game.
- Matching pairs – lay cards face down on the table turn two over if they match keep them if not turn them back and play moves to the next person.
- Play ‘Kim’s game’. Put a few items on a tray (e.g. a crayon, an apple, a building brick, a toy car). Then look, cover, remember and check!
- Simon says – touch your head, touch your arm. Make it more challenging by asking children to stand behind / in front / next to / on top or under and item. Or add a maths twist Simon says find me a circle, square, 3 pencils, 2 cushions.
Board games like:
- Snakes and ladders – develops turn taking skills and counting
- Frustration - develops turn taking skills and counting
- Guess who – develops descriptive language and memory
- Hungry hippos – count how many balls you won who had the most?
- Buckaroo – develops coordination, finger and hand strength required to hold writing implements
- Jenga - develops coordination, finger and hand strength required to hold writing implements
- Pop up pirate - develops coordination, finger and hand strength required to hold writing implements
Roll, pinch squeeze, flatten, cut (with scissors and knives), stretch