At Twydall Primary School we believe that children:
- should be supported to learn through their play, enjoying the process of discovery
- should feel safe and cared for in their environment
- should develop relationships with adults and children that are supportive, fun and joyful
- should be allowed the time to immerse themselves in their play, learning, practising, rehearsing and applying new skills
- can have a love for learning and taking risks
Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum
There are 7 areas of the curriculum:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Physical Development
- Communication and Language
- Understanding of the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
Focus on indoor and outdoor learning
- Children need to move to develop their muscles and understanding of their bodies.
- Children will have the opportunity to learn outside everyday.
- Children can apply their learning in a more challenging and open environment.
- We offer a mixture of "garden days", wheeled vehicle days ("bike days")
- All weathers!-All children need to have a pair of wellies in school and appropriate coats.
How do we teach reading and writing?
We use a scheme called Read, Write, Inc. This will systematically teach the letter sounds (Phonics) to your child whilst teaching reading and writing as well. You can find out more here.
The following website is packed full of advice and guidance around applying for school, preparing their child to start school and supporting them during the early days of school life. Please take a look HERE.
Reception 2020 Admissions
Twydall Primary School would like to invite any existing or new parents with children starting Reception in September 2020 to an Open Morning.
There will be an opportunity for us to showcase the provision provided to our children in EYFS including core curriculum and enrichment activities and our facilities for indoor and outdoor learning. If you would like to book a place on any of the following dates, please call or e-mail the school office.
23 Sept 2019 - 9.30 —10.30
4 Nov 2019 - 9.15—10.15
9 Dec 2019 - 9.15—10.15
10 Jan 2020 - 9.15—10.15
Please contact the school office on 01634 231761 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register your attendance.