Our Welfare Team
Our school has a brilliant range of welfare resources that can be accessible to our pupils.
- Lego therapy- this is a small group intervention which supports social skills of our pupils and the ability to work together to get a desired outcome, using Lego pieces. This is undertaken by trained staff at Twydall. This is weekly sessions.
- Play Therapy - We have an onsite Therapeutic Play Practitioner, a Play Therapist who is sourced outside of school and a Play Therapist student studying for her Diploma. This is a 1-1 intervention offering play as a way for the pupil to communicate their thoughts and feelings. This is weekly sessions.
- Drawing and Talking- this is a 1-1 intervention undertaken by trained staff, where a child uses the art of drawing to discuss and express their thoughts and feelings. This is weekly sessions.
- School Counsellor - The Counsellor is sourced outside of school, they come in once a week to see pupils on a 1-1 intervention.
- Elsa (Emotional Literacy Support assistance) This intervention is carried out by a trained member of staff, to support the Emotional development of children and young people in school. This is a 1-1 intervention carried out weekly over a period of sessions.
Mrs. Deasy and Mrs. Page welcome the children in to school every day and offer lunch and break clubs. Unfortunately, these clubs have not re started due to COVID-19 but hopefully will be back up and running soon.