Dear Parents and Carers,
As of this morning, we have 4 suspected cases of coronavirus at Twydall Primary.
We have decided to close the school for a deep clean as we at Twydall Primary have a high proportion of vulnerable children and staff. We believe this is the responsible thing to do and our decision has been endorsed by the governors and Public Health England.
Parents may come and collect pupils at 1.15pm today if they are available to do so, from the playground as usual. All other children can be collected at the end of the day. Please do not arrive collect to pupils before 1.15pm.
We hope to reopen the school on Monday 23rd March.
As the growth of the Corona Virus accelerates we have been taking steps to reduce the risk to our pupils, and we have been making plans to support our families in the event of any future school closures. The children and parents have been brilliant and we have seen a record level of liquid soap being used after implementing our handwashing regime.
Please see below for advice on learning, support to vulnerable families, safeguarding and communications.
- Learning can continue at home through work provided on the school’s website. All children are encouraged to read and practice their times tables.
- Year 6 pupils have been issued with log in details to Microsoft 365 where work will be posted by staff.
- The website contains a number of suggested activities, including TV programmes and there will be Year group pages available with suggested work and activities.
- All vulnerable families have additional contact and support with any concerns reported and recorded. We are aiming for contact once a week.
- Our M&S surplus food will be available from Holy Trinity Church on Friday and Monday. Please note, this will be dependent on M&S having surplus stock to donate.
- Medway Street Angels may also be able to provide help if needed and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should parents have any safeguarding concerns, you can contact Medway Safeguarding team on 01634 334466 or contact the police on 101.
We will provide further updates as soon as we are able via Parentmail.
If you have any concerns or questions please email email@example.com and the admin team will forward your concerns to the appropriate staff including the Head teacher.